Thanks for your interest in DCPS. If you’d like to learn more about joining our district or have questions about your application, please contact us using this email form to the right. We appreciate your email, and work to respond promptly to all inquiries.
Learn more about life and job openings at DCPS:
JOIN A TEAM THAT IS CHANGING THE GAME FOR KIDS. Behind every great teacher and school leader there’s a great team. We come to work every day inspired by our challenge: to build a district that sets a new standard for urban education and provides a model for the nation.
USE YOUR EXPERTISE TO IMPROVE STUDENTS' LIVES. We’re looking for keen minds and big ideas. Our diverse backgrounds – from teaching to policy to technology – encourage innovation and advance bold action. Our only pre-requisite is a belief in the power of public schools and a refusal to be satisfied with the status quo.
DO YOUR BEST WORK IN AN INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT. Our bright, LEED-certified downtown offices are buzzing with the innovation of a startup, the energy of a classroom, and the passion of a campaign. We enjoy each other and we love what we do. You’ve never worked in a place like this.
What will you bring to our exceptional team? Learn more about current opportunities by viewing open jobs.
Candidates interested in joining Central Office should follow the steps below (please note that the exact order of steps may vary by position). We accept applications on a rolling basis, and each position is considered separately.
1. REVIEW ALL OPEN POSITIONS. Positions are listed on the main DCPS website as long as they are accepting applications.
2. SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR POSITION(S) OF INTEREST. Complete one application for each position of interest. Upload a cover letter and resume. Once an application is submitted, candidates will receive an email confirmation.
3. PHONE INTERVIEW. For most positions, candidates will first be phone interviewed.
4. PERFORMANCE TASK. Most candidates will complete a performance task. The performance task is designed to both assess a candidate’s job-relevant skills, and provide a sense of the responsibilities for the position.
5. IN-PERSON INTERVIEW. As a final step, all candidates will complete an in-person interview with their hiring manager.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to each applicant.